Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I too am running away...

Or perhaps running towards something, I'm not sure which. This will be the first time I go to Britain without the prospect of standing in a suit in front of a group of clinicians and materials managers who really don't want to buy a product that I feel guilty trying to sell.

No this time I will go and drink the single malt, I will laugh and carry on and see the sights and wonder just exactly how I came to be on a different side of the planet. (there are four sides I figure if you quarter the earth like an orange. I'm not sure yet whether the artic or the antartic is the blossom end. I hope with enough single malt I will be able to determine that absolutely.) All we have to do is get on the plane and off and on and off and on and off and we will be in the land of men in kilts. It will be a very fine thing to share this time with some of my very favorite people in what promises to be a very rainy place. I really cannot wait. Sigh (arm dramatically draped across my forehead) ...but alas, I must wait....15 hours till departure, FAA willing...

Here's a webcam I've been watching on the island in the Hebrides we will be visiting first. (How I know it's a very rainy place)...Every time a truck or bus drives by it cracks me up...If you sit and watch it every day all day maybe sometime during the next week we'll drive by and wave at the web cam. (no, you really don't want to do that)

http://adb41.camstreams.com/

gj

No comments: