Sunday, June 3, 2007

Gasp! Two posts in a row from Margaret???!?!?

6/3/07 Day Eleven. Sunday.

Well, now I've done it. Crapitallstraittohell. Even after sleeping like a rock in our big comfy bed, I woke up quite stiff this morning, my back still aching from the workout it's been getting the last couple of days. After creakily making my way down to the kitchen to make some coffee, I sneezed, and well, I heard a "thock!" and felt the pain, and bam. My back is out. All the way. Full on, spasming, brings tears to eyes, lay on the floor and just moan kind of out.

Luckily, I had had the presence of mind to pack my back belt, so today I'm propped on the couch, cinched into my belt, popping advil and goofing on the computer while my three companions are exploring the town. We are hoping that a day of hot baths and plenty of rest will put me on the mend and I'll be back in action tomorrow. In the mean time, I handed over my wallet to Hannah and told her she must spend everything in it (luckily there wasn't all that much in it) so she was happy, dressed and ready to go in no time flat. They've all gone to town to check out the hair salons - H wants to get her hair done here- and just generally sightsee and shop a little.

No comments: